Manage episode 253844524 series 41400
Decentralized finance (DeFi) is continuing on its remarkable path to the broad adoption of permissionless financial services. While many people celebrated passing $1 billion locked in DeFi products at the start of February 2020, only a week later, an additional $200 million had entered the ecosystem.
DeFi products thus far have proven useful to early adopters with the resilience and knowhow required to navigate the often clunky user experience of Web 3.0. Companies like Argent are building the interface and user experience essential for the masses, with a vision to bring a billion people into the future of finance.
Itamar Lesuisse, Co-founder and CEO of Argent, joins us to discuss his vision of the future of DeFi, and the necessity to build products that enable intuitive, secure, and permissionless access to finance for anyone with a smartphone.
Topics covered in this episode:
- Itamar's background and journey to crypto
- Creating a Web 3.0 product for mass adoption
- Restoring a wallet with Argent Guardians
- The DeFi products accessible in Argent today
- Accommodating DeFi products on protocols other than Ethereum
- Building a business model for wallet products
- Who Argent's users are, and the DeFi products they use
- Solving mass adoption of crypto with a frictionless on- and off-ramp
- Itamar's vision of the future of DeFi and the role Argent will play
- Earning interest has never been easier - Medium
- Itamar Lesuisse - Twitter
- Argent - Twitter
- Argent - Medium
- Download Argent and skip the waitlist
- Epicenter Meetup at EthCC
- Epicenter 2020 Audience Survey
- Pepo: Meet the people shaping the crypto movement - https://pepo.com/epicenter
- Status: A multi-purpose communication tool that combines a peer-to-peer messenger, secure crypto wallet, and web3 browser - https://status.im/
This episode is hosted by Sebastien Couture & Friederike Ernst. Show notes and listening options: epicenter.tv/327