Manage episode 277444872 series 1046381
In this episode, Josh and Lindsay discuss election updates including house and senate elections, a recount in Georgia, and a French bulldog elected mayor. They also talk about Pfizer’s vaccine update, growing COVID-19 cases in every state, a new COVID-19 milestone in Texas, and cancelled college football games, Baptist state executive meeting updates, and Disney plus’s one year anniversary. Lindsay also gives a rundown of this week’s ERLC content Also in this episode, the hosts are joined by Patrick Schreiner for a conversation about life and ministry.
Patrick Schreiner is associate professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. He previously taught at Western Seminary in Portland Oregon (2014–20) and received his Ph.D. from the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (2014). Dr. Schreiner loves watching students see the depths and beauty of the Scriptures. This translates into a greater love for God and others as he trains ministers of the gospel who will go out to the nations with the healing message of Jesus. He is married to Hannah, and they have four children. They love good local food, the outdoors, sports, and he enjoys serving local churches through teaching and preaching. You can connect with him on Twitter: @pj_schreiner
- Chelsea Patterson Sobolik with A roundup of child welfare policies the ERLC is working on
- ERLC Staff with Priorities for the Sexual Abuse Advisory Group: The ERLC and SAAG continue to fight against sexual abuse
- Jared Cornutt with 3 ways my congregation has encouraged me during the pandemic
- Biden seeks to move quickly and build out his administration
- Georgia to conduct full by-hand count of presidential race ballots, secretary of state says
- U.S. House Election Results
- Georgia Senate Race between David Perdue and Jon Ossoff heads to a runoff
- French bulldog named Wilbur elected mayor of Rabbit Hash, Kentucky
- Pfizer’s early data shows vaccine is more than 90% effective
- Coronavirus live updates: Every state is reporting an increasing number of new cases
- Texas becomes first U.S. state to exceed 1 million coronavirus cases
- Alabama vs. LSU game postponed as Tigers battle through COVID-19 outbreak within program
- Texas A&M vs. Tennessee postponed, rescheduled for Dec. 12
- STATE MEETINGS: Kentucky mission continues; North Carolina celebrates Hollifield
- Richards announces plans to step down in 2021
- Companies try 30-hour work weeks, surprise days off to fight burnout
- Jeopardy! is saddened to share that Alex Trebek passed away
- Happy #Plusiversary
Connect with us on Twitter:
- Courage and Civility Church Kit - Pastors and church leaders download your free copy today to help guide your congregations through this polarized moment.
- The Christmas We Didn't Expect by David Matthis. 25 daily reflections for Advent will help you to adore Jesus—the one who came to save us and make our futures certain.