Manage episode 279669507 series 2441023
Hulu and Canada's kids' broadcaster YTV have brought the world a new adaptation of the nearly-100-year-old boy detectives Frank and Joe Hardy, and we've enlisted Adam Grosswirth to join us in discussing it! A super-sized Around The Dial takes us through Selena: The Series, Nurses, Jingle Jangle, Dolly Parton's Christmas On The Square, the original '70s version of The Hardy Boys, and Gangs Of London. After Joe M. uses his Extra Credit topic to have us write a character-revealing power ballad into an otherwise un-musical show, Adam makes his pitch for the "Fair Is Foul And Foul Is Fair" episode of Slings & Arrows to be inducted into The Canon. We crown the week's Winner and Loser, and close out with a Game Time perfectly tailored (heh heh) to our interests. Get your flashlight and your VERY loud walkie-talkie and listen in!
- The Hardy Boys
- ATD: Selena: The Series
- ATD: Nurses
- ATD: Jingle Jangle
- ATD: Christmas On The Square
- ATD: The Hardy Boys (1977)
- ATD: Gangs Of London
- Extra Credit: Once More With Feels
- The Canon: Slings & Arrows S02.E04: Fair Is Foul And Foul Is Fair
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: Signature Look
- Adam Grosswirth on Twitter
- The drunk episode of Overwhelming Positivity, "Two Hundred Headless Snowman In Review"
- "The Latine Delegation Has Decided Netflix's Selena: The Series Is Not Good"
- Tara's review of Stylish With Jenna Lyons at Primetimer
- Tara on Kaley Cuoco in The Flight Attendant at Decider
- Tara on the end of The Undoing at Dave Chen's Patreon
- Wesley Morris's review of Dolly Parton's Christmas On The Square in The New York Times
- Adam on Caroline And The Podcast
- The 12 Days Of Best Evidence
- Photo: Brooke Palmer / Hulu
SUPPORT EHG ON PATREON
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positively Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and say surely that is a joke, people don't pay other people to...
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.