Manage episode 282734944 series 1542184
Marvel Studios has kicked off its slate of TV series with WandaVision, a sort-of spoof of classic sitcoms starring a couple of Avengers. What's actually going on? We don't know (though Dave has theories), but Caroline Framke is here to talk about the two-part premiere! Around The Dial takes us through The Good Lord Bird, Call Your Mother, Season 2's new Batwoman, the Premier League of football (or soccer, if you will), The Challenge, and Superstore -- specifically, the voice Mark McKinney is using to play Glenn, and whether it's worse than jazz. Suley presents the Steven Universe episode "So Many Birthdays" for The Canon. Then after naming the week's Winner and Loser, it's on to a Game Time that takes it to the bridge. Grab your nearest nosy neighbour and listen!
- ATD: The Good Lord Bird
- ATD: Call Your Mother
- ATD: Batwoman
- ATD: The English Premier League
- ATD: The Challenge
- ATD: Is Mark McKinney's Voice As Glenn On Superstore Worse Than Jazz?
- The Canon: Steven Universe S01.E13: So Many Birthdays
- Winner and Loser of the Week
- Game Time: Extension Chords
- Caroline Framke on Twitter
- Caroline's WandaVision review at Variety
- David Chen's Patreon
- Doreen St. Felix's review of The Good Lord Bird at The New Yorker
- The Listen To Sassy podcast
- ListenToSassy on Twitter
- ListenToSassy on Instagram
- Caroline's Batwoman review
- Caroline's author page at Variety.com
- The Best Evidence newsletter
- Photo: Disney+
SUPPORT EHG ON PATREON
The EHG gang have been recording this podcast for almost a decade now. In podcasting terms, that makes us positively Methuselahian. Since the start of EHG, our listeners have asked if we had a tip jar or donation system and we'd look at each other and say surely that is a joke, people don't pay other people to do podcasts. We'd email them back "Ha ha ha, good one, Chet" and go about our business. Now we are told this is a real thing that real nice people do. Value for value? In today's topsy turvy world? It's madness but that good kind of madness, like when you wake up a 3:15am and clean your house. Or something. In all seriousness, we are...
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.