Manage episode 266369258 series 2530565
Formula 1 is back on track for the first time in 217 days and the wait was worth it. The drivers delivered a complete banger of a race! Join us as we break down the race weekend!
note there are some technical issues with the audio... please forgive our rookie producer ... we intend to ensure that we never replicate these errors again
Mark and Gil discuss:
- Free Practice and the first Qualifying Session of the year
- Breaking down the race
- Hamilton Grid Penalty
- Max out with electrical issues!
- Stroll's earlier retirement despite wicked pace
- Mercedes double-stacking specialty
- Vettel sticks his nose in a tough spot and gets spun
- Hamilton and Albon contact (remember Brazil?)
- The ongoing disappointment that is the F1 TV Pro experience
- Racial equality and the fact that some drivers refused to kneel in support of Lewis Hamilton and the broader movement
- We discuss how F1 is having trouble reconciling their support of racial equality and social justice despite racing in countries where these movements are not supported
- Mercedes flexing in Austria with the hottest livery on the track and matching black uniforms
- Vettel acknowledging that Ferrari never offered him a contract for 2021
- Hamilton looking for a new contract
- Is Fernando Alonso set to return to Renault next year?
...and much more!
Driver Standings After Austria:
- Bottas (25 points)
- Leclrec (18 points)
- Norris (16 points)
- Hamilton (12 points)
- Sainz (10 points)
Constructors After Austria:
- Mercedes (37 points)
- McLaren (26 points)
- Ferrari (19 points)
- Racing Point (8 points)
- AlphaTauri (6 points)
Please note that Gil and Mark's opinions do not reflect that of the Kanye West 2020 Presidential Campaign.