Manage episode 244937878 series 2530565
Join us as we interview decorated author, journalist and consultant Christian Sylt. Christian is considered the foremost expert on the topic of business and Formula One. The co-founder of Formula Money and a frequent contributor to CNN, ESPN, Bloomberg, Reuters, Forbes and the Financial Times, Christian joins Mark to talk about the financial state of Formula One.
Join us for:
- A discussion of Christian's professional background and how he become one of the world's most respected reporters, writers and consultants with respect to the business of Formula One
- We talk about the struggles that Liberty Media have had monetizing digital streaming since their 2017 purchase despite the launch of their F1 TV Pro product
- Why F1 let a 7-year, $40m TV contract with NBC vanish in favour of an agreement with ESPN that pays them nothing annually
- Hosting fees are - in many cases - declining (not growing) and new events are simply offsetting the reduced rates paid by existing events
- We look at how the sport can potentially grow and increase revenue with an already loaded calendar heading into 2020
- Do Tobacco companies belong in the sport in 2019 or will governments simply regulate them away
- Much Much more!!
We highly recommend that you follow Christian and team on Twitter @FormulaMoney
Until next time ... peace!