Manage episode 264583442 series 2534342
Cheers beers! It’s finally summer! And we’re toasting to our amazing community because there’s nothing sweeter than knowing our listeners AREN’T a bunch of racist bigots.
We just love you, okay? Thanks for being you.
Anyway, there’s not a lot of news, but hosts Alyce and Laura make* it work, bitch. Sorry, you’re not a bitch. That was mean.
- You now know more about Star Wars: Squadrons than we did when we recorded this but we still have some maybe good guesses (?) as to what it's about.
- It’s 2020 and there’s a new point of view in town! It’s the 40th Anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back so IT gets a point of view and YOU get a point of view and YOU get a point of view! And a car!
- You don’t actually get a car.
- We’re talking about “Queen’s Peril” by EK Johnston and handmaiden handemonium! If you want to avoid spoilers for a book that doesn’t really spoil anything about anything, skip 20:55-53:43.
- Dope ass trivia tip from our friend Aaron.
- Star Wars trivia from our buddy Dr. Davor and our friend The Caffeinated Diabetic aka Scott! Thank you so much for saving us from using trivial pursuit cards!
Helpful links referenced in this episode:
- What Star Wars: Squadrons is actually about
- Laura’s guest appearance on Let’s Get Ready to Talk Schmoedown
Right now Youtini is donating 100% of its profits from affiliate links to Black Lives Matter. If you haven’t tried audible yet, use their link to get a free audiobook and support BLM
*This podcast contains a sh!t ton of profanity and boozin. You can find a bleeped version of this podcast absolutely nowhere. Cheers!