Manage episode 268015299 series 2763585
Ever wonder what a 30-year wellness journey might look like? Or how a mother's relationship with food can impact a child? Well, in this episode we sit down with Fran (Franny) Stone, Bari's mum to find out! It's no secret that Fran's disordered relationship with food resulted in Bari's dietitian qualifications - but what did that journey look like?
Fran is a retired chef (an ironic career choice we discuss) who spent a majority of her life trying to be 'thinner'. Some key topics we discuss are:
- what it was like to have an eating disorder over 30 years ago
- how diagnosis and treatment has evolved
- pivotal moments as a mother in regards to food
- Fran and Bari joining Weight Watchers together (circa 2006)
- what Fran's definition of health is NOW and how has that changed
- what came first, the eating disorder or the love for food?
You can follow Fran on Instagram, @fstone18 and can also follow Fran's kitchen playlist of Spotify here if you like some chill country and 70's throwback vibes!
Remember to submit your questions for future episodes via DM (@forkingwellness) or email (email@example.com)
As always, please rate, review, and subscribe, as it helps our podcast get seen in the charts!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.