Manage episode 268015305 series 2763585
This week we sit down and discuss (what we believe to be) a very important topic... Orthorexia, also identified as 'an unhealthy obsession with being healthy' is something that a lot of people might be able to or, historically, be able to identify with... we certainly do!
Listen to find out:
- What the Fork is Orthorexia?
- Can veganism play a part in Orthorexia?
- How to introduce fear foods?
- How to move away from thinking refined sugars are 'bad'
- Is eating a 'clean' brownie actually healthier than a real one?
- Is it considered an eating disorder?
- What are the consequences of it?
- What is the line between healthy eating and orthorexia?
- Is amenorrhea a sign of orthorexia?
- What to do if you think a friend or family may be suffering?
- Is 'overdosing' on supplements a sign of orthorexia?
*Bonus discussion... hear our thoughts on the reaction to Adele's weight loss.
Some useful links to takeaway:
Books we recommend -
Blog on 'how to gain weight in a healthy way' - https://sophieshealthykitchen.com/2019/03/18/how-to-put-on-weight-in-a-healthy-way/
Remember to submit your questions for future episodes via DM (@forkingwellness) or email (email@example.com)
As always, please rate, review, and subscribe, as it helps our podcast get seen in the charts!
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.