Manage episode 261709909 series 62727
All three of Rory Boyle’s ecommerce businesses were negatively impacted by Covid-19.
But thanks to his strategic—and insanely fast—pivot, two of his companies are now making double the revenue they were before and one (which historically made most of its money through conferences) is still pulling in around 50% of what it used to make.
How did Boyle recover so quickly from the pandemic? In this interview, we were lucky enough to get a detailed analysis around his thought process and strategic decisions. Boyle takes us through how he shifted his sales and marketing tactics (which still includes getting on the phone) and explains how he’s using this time as an opportunity to give back to his community and customers. He also shares tons of tips around scaling sales efforts, the art of cadence emails, and other tactics you can use to grow your revenue.
If there’s any other type of content you’d like to see that would be valuable to you during this time, please don’t hesitate to reach out at email@example.com to let us know.
If you need want some training on ecommerce, check out our Free Masterclasses:
- The origin stories of Hampers With Bite, Promotions Warehouse, and Snacks With Bite
- What Boyle means when he says to “control the controllables”
- How COVID-19 impacted all 3 of Boyle’s businesses—and how he pivoted all of them at breakneck speed
- The approach Boyle is taking to sales and marketing during the pandemic (and why his team is still hopping on the phone to talk to customers)
- Why Boyle believes every ecommerce entrepreneur needs to be thinking about the next step instead of focusing on current performance
- How Boyle is giving back to his community and customers
- How he’s planning around stocking challenges, especially for the upcoming holidays
- A super deep dive into Boyle’s best sales tactics and strategies
- Why Boyle would encourage entrepreneurs to launch their business in today’s climate