Manage episode 273820723 series 62727
Founder and CEO of The Learning Agency, best-selling author, and Foundr course Instructor Ulrich Boser sits down for an in-depth discussion on becoming a better learner, the misinformation surrounding information, and the big secret to mastering any skill (and we mean any skill).
The ability to absorb and retain information effectively is often thought of as some sort of elusive skill that you’re born with, but Boser seeks to dispel this once and for all. The ability to learn effectively isn’t something assigned at birth, no one has a “set learning” style, and your ability to absorb information ultimately comes down to how you decide to approach everything.
Author of the best-selling Learn Better, Boser reveals to Foundr’s Nathan Chan why he started his company, why feedback is crucial, and why he believes everyone should throw away their highlighters if they want to learn better.
In this conversation, Boser takes everything you thought you knew about learning and spins it on its head. If you have any questions about Boser’s upcoming course, please don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.Key Takeaways
- Boser discusses how his childhood sparked his passion to hone and master the ability to pick up skills effectively
- Why Boser began The Learning Agency
- Boser discusses the prevalence of learning myths
- Common learning myths and why they impact learning
- Why active learning will always overshadow passive learning
- How to engage with the material; quiz yourself, and identify gaps in your knowledge
- Why previous knowledge on a topic will boost your learning
- The importance of feedback on your learning