329: Why You Don't Need a Mentor & Key Traits EVERY Successful Founder Should Have with Kamal Ravikant
Manage episode 274888408 series 62727
In this special podcast interview, Nathan Chan sits down with renowned author and founder Kamal Ravikant to discuss his thoughts on mentorship, entrepreneurs, and everything in between.
Ravikant traces his journey back to a point in time most entrepreneurs face: he was doing too much and he was burnt out. In fact, it took losing everything for him to realize what he needed to change: his mindset. Throughout his journey, the ups and downs, the lows and highs, Ravikant is a master of maintaining a balance between persistence and open-mindedness in everything he does.
Listen in as Ravikant discloses the powerful reason he chose to write his bestselling book: 'Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends on It', and how the book developed from a self-published book to a global success spreading joy and love published in 16 languages.
This podcast is raw, honest, and a deep insight into personal growth. Learn from Ravikant as he discloses the universal importance of loving yourself, being humble, and caring deeply. This is a conversation you won’t want to miss!Key Takeaways
- Ravikant holds the honor of being the fourth ever podcast interview by Foundr back in 2014
- His beginnings riding the wave of the internet boom
- Why it took losing everything to realize he needed to change his mindset
- His ideology that you should build a business by identifying a problem and creating a solution first
- The power investors hold over entrepreneurs, and what drove him to become a doer
- Why he believes in having a strong entrepreneur mindset
- His re-launch of the global bestseller Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It published in 16 languages worldwide
- Ravikant discusses his upcoming projects and behind-the-scenes of funds
- Ravikant addresses the changes in Silicon Valley, and what advice he would give to upcoming entrepreneurs
- Why you need to be humble and care deeply, always.