Manage episode 262591333 series 2281334
- YOUR AD HERE. As if it wasn’t hard enough to source our own sponsors, now the world has fallen apart and there are no ad budgets for podcasts. While we look for our next sponsor there are two ways you can financially support us without giving us your money.
- 1st: sign up for Personal Capital using our referral link, frugalfriendspodcast.com/pcap. Personal Capital is a free app that allows you to monitor and track all your financial accounts from one place. It’s awesome and again, totally free. When you use our link to sign up and connect 401k, 403b, IRA, 529, or any investment account with at least $1,000 you’ll get a $20 Amazon gift card and so will we. Our referral link is frugalfriendspodcast.com/pcap
- 2nd is to sign up for Rakuten and spend $25 at any online store they offer cash back at. Sign up at frugalfriendspodcast.com/rakuten and download the chrome extension to see every time Rakuten offers cash back at a store. If you do this before June 30th you will get $30 bonus cash back and so will we. Normally it’s $10. Those are the ways you can help us without spending any money beyond what you’ve already budgeted for.
- 1st Birthdays! Today is Kai’s first birthday! We’ve kept him alive for a full year and I am impressed. I’ve been dreaming about throwing him a first birthday since before he was born because let’s be honest, a 1st birthday isn’t for the kid, it’s for the parents. I bought space decorations because people on Facebook looked at me weird for asking if I could have their decorations. 1st birthdays, I will give anyone these decorations when I’m done with them.
Our Other Minimalism Episodes:
What the Internet has to say:
- This article from Becoming Minimalist describes ways to keep the minimalism momentum going!
What Jen+Jill have to say:
- Continue to explore new opportunities + intentional living so as to not fall into old patterns
- Take better care of your things
- Start a blog
- Start a daily habit
More from the Internet:
- This article from One Empty Shelf gives 4 tips on ways to maintain minimalism in our lives
More from Jen+Jill:
- Keep the right mindset - Look at minimalism as a way of removing the unnecessary to make way for more of the important.
- Minimalist community - find inspiration and support from others
- Continue to edit
BILL OF THE WEEK - Thanks for sharing your bill with us on how you PAID OFF your big red truck!
- If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Did you declutter anything in quarantine? If not, how did you keep yourself busy?
- Jill - Maintenance mode - but still definitely getting rid of stuff as we can (and WORKING!)
- Jen- Worked a lot AND started a youtube channel
Thanks so much for listening! Keep leaving us reviews on iTunes or Stitcher, and sending the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. AND share our most recent episode on social for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
Thanks for listening! See you next week!