Manage episode 255018173 series 1506932
Jeremy Liu was the narrative design lead at NetEase Games, an intern at EA, and a technical designer at Rockstar Games. Titles include Red Dead 2, NBA Live Mobile, and Realm of Duels.
- How to get into technical design
- Why you need to study and plan ahead of time before taking action
- His worst moment of working on a game that was destined to not be a commercial hit
- Listening is a great quality of a leader
- Do power naps, 20 minutes
- How he becomes a walking exoticism in China because of his experience in the USA
- The culture shock of working in the USA and China
- Imagine ramming through a brick wall to join the game industry. You have to want it badly enough.
- Market yourself as niche as possible, show how different you are to everyone else
- Network with the people who you want to model
If you enjoy the podcast, would you please consider leaving a short review on Apple Podcasts/iTunes? It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in ranking higher.
Subscribe to the podcast if you felt inspired and loved this content.
Sign up for Tony's email newsletter at gamedevloadout.com/subscribe