Gemba Academy Podcast: Lean Manufacturing | Lean Office | Six Sigma | Toyota Kata | Productivity | Leadership
GA 308 | Lessons Learned at Toyota with Andy Reith
Manage episode 254652385 series 2460675
This week’s guest is Andy Reith. Ron and Andy discussed working at Toyota, the challenges small businesses face, and more. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The quote that inspires Andy (2:32)
- Andy’s background (3:18)
- What Andy learned from working at Toyota (5:16)
- What Respect for People means to Andy (6:56)
- How Andy learned some of the lean tools (8:38)
- What Andy is up to these days (10:15)
- The challenges small businesses face (11:14)
- About Origin Maine (12:33)
- Some of the improvements Andy has seen (15:25)
- Andy’s observations on strategy at small manufacturers (18:49)
- About his own andon system (24:07)
- Andy’s advice (27:24)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Andy’s Website
- Andy on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What are some of the other opportunities and challenges small manufacturers face?