Manage episode 274799478 series 2809065
Kofi Asomaning, a Wharton-educated architect, consultant, and developer, provides in-depth commentary about how his firm, Keystone Real Estate, is taking advantage of advisory and development opportunities within the Ghana market. While COVID-19 has slowed down the timeline of his projects, the country has not been as significantly affected by the pandemic as others and is likely to continue to offer attractive deals across product types. With this said, it is crucial for foreign investors to align with someone local to understand the nuances of land entitlement and permitting, as well as any re-zoning efforts. As a Ghanaian citizen who had stints at major consulting and banking firms prior to starting his own business, Kofi has a comprehensive grasp of the strengths and challenges of the Accra market and other parts of the country.
- Ghana to Wharton to Ghana: A top-tier MBA serves Kofi well in starting and growing Keystone Real Estate.
- The pre and post COVID market: While the pandemic has delayed projects across the board, areas of opportunity exist in certain sectors including residential and retail.
- Land related challenges: Navigating the purchase and subsequent entitlement/permitting of land is a major challenge to overcome in Ghana.
- Keystone’s current pipeline: A 19-unit townhome deal is keeping Kofi engaged and optimistic as COVID continues.
- Real estate entrepreneurship: Guidance for individuals who are new to the real estate sector in Ghana or trying to innovate within the field.
- Tourist in Accra: Although there are many sights to see in this relatively small country, the incredible food is more of a draw than anything!
Kempinski Hotel Accra: https://www.kempinski.com/en/accra/hotel-gold-coast-city/
Movenpick Hotel Accra: https://www.movenpick.com/en/africa/ghana/accra/moevenpick-ambassador-hotel-accra/overview/
Buka Restaurant: https://bukarestaurant.com/
805 Restaurant: https://www.805restaurants.com/our-restaurants/accura
Cape Coast: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Coast
Kakum National Park: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kakum_National_Park
Phone: +233 20 811 54 81