Manage episode 262901249 series 2570211
Practical tips abound in this phenomenal episode for kids and parents alike! Bestselling author, podcaster, and mental health advocate Niall Breslin strips away the woo-woo-ness of mindfulness and teaches us how we can actually use it to improve quality of life for ourselves and our kids, especially in today’s world. Niall draws from practical, scientific, and spiritual methods to explain that we can’t keep going at the pace we’ve been going because we've got “an old brain for a new world and our brain is consistently overwhelmed.” What’s the greatest defense mechanism for that? Mindfulness.
You can follow Niall Breslin on Instagram at @bressie and on Twitter at @nbrez.
Be sure to check out today’s fantastic sponsors:
- BetterHelp offers affordable, private online counseling anytime, anywhere. Get 10% off your first month when you use the discount code “goodkids" at betterhelp.com/goodkids
- Get educational and fun science and art activity boxes delivered straight to your door with KiwiCo, visit kiwico.com/goodkids
- Laurel Springs recognizes that each child is a unique individual with their own personal interests and learning style. Their flexible online K-12 program is designed to encourage each student’s individuality and support their growth through a personalized approach to learning. Enroll your child and get your registration fee waived. Visit laurelsprings.com/goodkids to learn more!
- Want to listen to another great Lemonada podcast? Of course you do! Check out the hilarious and *very* unfiltered show, Mouthpeace with Michael & Pele Bennett at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/show/mouthpeace-with-michael-pele-bennett/
Here are some of the things Niall mentions in the show:
- To get a copy of his mindfulness books for kids and more, visit https://www.niallbreslin.com/books
- To listen to Spotify’s Wake Up / Wind Down podcast, visit https://spoti.fi/3e8bBYq
To follow along with a transcript and/or take notes, go to https://www.lemonadamedia.com/show/good-kids/ shortly after air date.
Stay up to date with Good Kids and everything Lemonada and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices