Manage episode 272267196 series 2534787
You can create the best content with the best imagery, quotes from experts, include hard-to-find statistics, and even optimized it for search engines. But, it won't reach a bigger audience if you don't invest in distributing your remarkable content.
In this episode, I got Ross Simmonds, the founder of Foundation Marketing, a content marketing agency that combines data and creativity to develop & serve ambitious brands. He shares his in-depth tactics and strategies on how to 10X content distribution for himself and his clients to get millions of eyeballs on their content.
In episode 108, you'll learn:
- Ross' Sherlock Homeboy content strategy
- How does Ross deal with trolls online?
- Which are the distribution channels that Ross is excited about?
This episode is brought to you by Product-Led Institute. Product-Led Growth is disrupting the way businesses are selling software. It's how companies like Slack, Zoom, and Dropbox have become juggernauts in their industry. Don't get left behind. Apply now to the six-week Product-Led Growth Certification Program. The deadline to apply for the fall cohort is Thursday, September 10th. After that, this won't be back until Spring 2021.
Support me on Patreon
From scheduling, recording, and editing each new episode, this weekly podcast is one-person labor of love to all things marketing. If you like what I do here, please consider supporting this podcast on Patreon.
Patreon allows the fans for this show to contribute as little as $2 per episode, which is less than a cup of coffee a week, and receive a load of extra perks and goodies like:
- An ad-free experience of the podcast
- Early access to every new episode before the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- And more…
Key Discussion Points
- [02:35] How did Ross start Foundational Marketing agency
- [04:40] Do you have to be creating a ton of content to rank on Google?
- [07:30] How can you reuse and repurpose your content?
- [09:40] What it's important to tailor your content for each distribution channel?
- [11:13] Ross' Sherlock Homeboy content strategy
- [12:35] How do you pick the best subreddits to post your content on?
- [14:30] How do you deal with trolls?
- [15:26] How long does Ross wait until re-posting blog content on LinkedIn Pulse as an article?
- [17:40] Common mistakes startups make when it comes to growth
- [20:50] Which are the distribution channels that Ross is excited about?
- [23:26] Why is content distribution so important?
- [26:52] How can B2B brands create middle-to-bottom-of-the-funnel content?
- [32:26] Why is branding important?
- [34:06] How can brands use video to build their brand?
- [36:02] Ross' one piece of advice to marketers
★ Support this podcast ★