How iPullRank Increased Organic Search Traffic by 50% using Natural-Language Generation with Michael King (GMT106)
Manage episode 271081720 series 1795781
No website can stand without a strong backbone. For content, that backbone is technical SEO, which is the structure of your website. Without it, everything else falls apart.
In this episode, I talk to Michael King, the Founder and Managing Director of iPullRank, a full-service SEO agency. He shares how he used Natural-Language Generation to automatically generate metadata and increase the organic search traffic for one of their clients by 50 percent.
In episode 106, you'll learn:
- Why is knowing technical SEO important for ranking content higher in Google?
- What kind of data should you be looking at when doing technical SEO?
- How should marketers prepare themselves for the future of SEO?
- And for fun, what was Mike's stage name as a traveling musician and rapper?
This episode is brought to you by Product-Led Institute. Product-Led Growth is disrupting the way businesses are selling software. It's how companies like Slack, Zoom, and Dropbox have become juggernauts in their industry. Don't get left behind. Apply now to the six-week Product-Led Growth Certification Program. The deadline to apply for the fall cohort is Thursday, September 10th. After that, this won't be back until Spring 2021.
Support me on Patreon
From scheduling, recording, and editing each new episode, this weekly podcast is one-person labor of love to all things marketing. If you like what I do here, please consider supporting this podcast on Patreon.
Patreon allows the fans for this show to contribute as little as $2 per episode, which is less than a cup of coffee a week, and receive a load of extra perks and goodies like:
- An ad-free experience of the podcast
- Early access to every new episode before the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- And more…
Key Discussion Points
- [05:20] Mike's journey from being a traveling rap artist to starting iPullRank
- [12:24] What is Mike's rap name?
- [13:21] Why is knowing technical SEO important for ranking content higher in Google?
- [15:07] Why did Mike and iPullRank create a movie for MozCon this year?
- [17:10] How to use Natural-Language Generation to automatically generate metadata and content
- [18:40] A case study of how Mike and his team increase organic search traffic by 50% for a client using Natural-Language Generation
- [19:40] What kind of data should you be looking at when doing technical SEO?
- [22:12] A resource that the iPullRank team created for those interested in NLG for Technical SEO
- [23:36] What should people be looking out for in SEO in the future?
- [24:00] How should marketers prepare themselves for the future of SEO?
- [24:56] Mike's one piece of advice to marketers
- Michael King on Twitter
- Runtime: The 3-Ring Circus of Technical SEO – the movie and resources
- iPullRank's website