The 22-Email Welcome Series That's Generated over $150k for an eCommerce Brand with Samar Owais (GMT105)
Manage episode 270504953 series 1795781
With all the hype surrounding social media platforms like Tik Tok in recent years, it’s easy to forget that email remains the most potent channel for driving business today. Email marketing has a median ROI of 122%. It consistently and overwhelmingly beats out other marketing formats like social media, direct mail, and paid search. To put that in perspective, this is more than four times higher than any of those other marketing formats.
One of the types of emails with the highest engagement and open rates is the welcome email. In this episode, Samar Owais, an Email Strategist and Conversion Copywriter, reveals her 22-email sales-generating welcome series for eCommerce brands. I was just as shocked as you are to find out her best-performing welcome email series is 22 emails long. But her campaign has generated over $150k for an eCommerce brand that she worked with.
In episode 105, you'll learn:
- The common email marketing mistakes eCommerce brands make that’s costing them conversions and sales
- The email sequence Samar created for Copyhackers.com
- How to design a cart abandonment email series that’s not creepy
Thank you for the sponsor of this episode, 42 Agency. Kamil and his team help B2B SaaS businesses streamline operations, implement new tech stack, design ABM & demand generation strategies, and create a predictable revenue pipeline. Book a free road mapping session at https://fourtytwo.agency/gmt
Support me on Patreon
From scheduling, recording, and editing each new episode, this weekly podcast is one-person labor of love to all things marketing. If you like what I do here, please consider supporting this podcast on Patreon.
Patreon allows the fans for this show to contribute as little as $2 per episode, which is less than a cup of coffee a week, and receive a load of extra perks and goodies like:
- An ad-free experience of the podcast
- Early access to every new episode before the public release
- Unlimited access to all the growth cheat sheets
- And more…
Key Discussion Points
- [02:40] – Samar’s journey to becoming an email strategist and conversion copywriter
- [08:10] – The difference between writing email conversion copywriting and content for blogs
- [10:14] – The common email marketing mistakes eCommerce brands make that’s costing them conversions and sales.
- [14:02] – How do you create a high-converting, brand-building welcome email series
- [16:25] – What do you do after a welcome series if a subscriber doesn’t make a purchase
- [17:30] – How Samar designs a sales-generating welcome email series that’s 15-22 emails long
- [21:10] – How do you design a cart abandonment email series that’s not creepy
- [24:02] – Instead of offering discounts in your cart abandonment email, Samar suggests doing this thing instead
- [25:40] – Should your emails come from a person or the company?
- [31:30] – The email sequence Samar created for Copyhackers.com
- [34:10] – The difference between copywriting for SaaS and eCommerce
- [38:14] – What Samar thinks about HEY, a new email service from Basecamp
- [40:46] – Samar’s one piece of advice to marketers