Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on March 13, 2021 10:27 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 284892777 series 2668122
Best known as the founder of Beast Gear, Ben Leonard is the classic millennial entrepreneur. He built a business on a laptop, in a cupboard, in his spare time.
The difference? Ben grew an international 7-figure business and successfully exited after 3 years; the business holy grail.
Now Ben is doing it all over again, this time creating a brand of parent's accessories based off his own lived experience as a dad.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How he sees fatherhood as gratitude
- His journey in creating and then selling Beast Gear
- His origins as an ecologist
- The health scare that sparked the genesis of his business
- The primacy of brand positioning
- Leveraging others' expertise
- The moment he knew it was going to work out well
- How he sold his business
- The creative spark that drives his endeavours
- His foray into products for parents
- How his relationship with his parents has impacted him
- The joy and downside of being all consumed by our business
- His long term vision for impact