Manage episode 269163360 series 2774296
At the top of the show, Kyley and Eva discuss:
- Hello Universe Giveaway! Rate & review the show, email us a picture of your review at email@example.com, to enter to win!
- Coronavirus, navigating fear, and self-care
Shane Wilson is a pastoral counselor, grief recovery specialist, and meditation teacher. He is an author and the founder of the Meditation Learning Center in Mesa, AZ. In this episode we do a deep philosophical dive and discuss:
- Spirituality as helping people
- Love as service to others
- Shane’s spiritual curiosity and travels to Thailand
- How celebration of a Thai king lead to that Shane’s ordination as a Buddhist monk
- What it was like to live as a monk and
- Integrating his experience after leaving the monastery
- The ten fetters of Buddhism, the steps to awakening
- Wanting, reinforcing the I, and suffering
- Waking up as our primary purpose
- Is suffering required for spiritual growth?
- What is enlightenment?
- Gender, societal programming, and implications for our spiritual path
- Subconscious intervention: processing subconscious beliefs and repressed memories
- Believing yourself and honoring the messages your body and heart tell you
“Another word to describe the word spirituality would probably be the word love. If somebody asked, ‘How do I feel spiritual?’ Well, how do you feel when you’re loved?” — Shane Wilson
“The more people I can help, the more inspiration I feel inside. It’s just kind of a feedback. I mean, what a wonderful world if everyone could feel that and know that. And I think deep inside, spiritual beings do feel that. ”— Shane Wilson