Manage episode 262878574 series 1997569
Eve Ellis is a wealth advisor and founder of The Matterhorn Group with William Blair’s Private Wealth Management. She joined the firm from Morgan Stanley. Eve holds multiple professional designations, including CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Certified Investment Manager Analyst®, Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, and Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy®. She has been in the industry since 2002.
She co-manages two actively managed investment mandates for investors seeking both financial and social returns: Gender Parity Strategy (a gender lens equity model) and the Matterhorn/Refinitiv Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, which analyzes 24 metrics related to diversity issues.
Eve is a member of the Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment (US SIF) and served on the board of the Ms. Foundation for Women for eight years. In 2018, she was the recipient of The Women’s Bond Club of New York’s Betty Cook Award, which recognizes exceptional dedication to the advancement of women.
A former professional tennis player, Eve was inducted into the Philadelphia Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in 2011. She is a graduate of Yale University with a B.A. in American Studies.
*This interview was recorded on March 31, 2020.
**This commentary is for informational and educational purposes only and not intended as investment advice. Investment recommendations and investment advice can be provided only after careful consideration of an investor’s objectives, guidelines and restrictions. Past performance is not necessarily an indication of future results. The factual statements herein have been taken from sources believed to be reliable, but such statements are made without any representation as to accuracy or completeness. Opinions expressed are current opinions as of the date appearing in this material only and subject to change without notice.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Making a successful career transition later in life
- Matching your passions with your work
- Strategies to increase the number of women in leadership roles
- How diversity results in great leadership
- Being a woman in the financial world
- Working in a helping profession
- The future of women in finance
- Areas in finance that women find gratifying
- The importance of cultural fit in your work and career
- The benefits of being open to a career in finance
- Living life to the fullest