Manage episode 272549356 series 2391186
Todd Henry explains how to tap into your personal motivation code to bring more energy and excitement to your career.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) What it really takes to create lasting motivation
2) How our motivations distract us—and how to curb that
3) The 27 flavors of motivation
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep607 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT TODD —
Todd Henry teaches leaders and organizations how to establish practices that lead to everyday brilliance. He speaks and consults across dozens of industries on creativity, leadership, and passion for work. He is the author of five books, which have been translated into more than a dozen languages, and the longtime host of The Accidental Creative podcast.
• Assessment: The Motivation Code Assessment
• Todd's book: Herding Tigers: Be the Leader That Creative People Need
• Todd's book: Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Every Day
• Todd's article: “Don’t Let Your Rituals Become Ruts”
• Todd's website: ToddHenry.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Tool: Techo Planner
• App: Momentum
• Software: iZotope RX 8
• Book: Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
• Book: Why Information Grows: The Evolution of Order, from Atoms to Economies by Cesar Hidalgo
• Personality: Deci EL, Ryan RM – Self-Determination Theory
• Previous episode: 294: Generating Greatness from Creative Workers with Todd Henry
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Magic Spoon. Enjoy free shipping on delicious, healthy, high-protein cereal that reminds you of childhood. Free shipping on the variety pack at magicspoon.com/HTBA.
• Rise.com. Build your team’s learning library–the fast and fun way–with Rise.com/awesome