Manage episode 273116019 series 2391186
Devora Zack debunks multitasking myths and shares how singletasking can help you get more done– one thing at a time.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) Why multitasking reduces your efficiency
2) How to unplug effectively
3) Why we get addicted to multitasking
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep609 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT DEVORA —
Devora Zack is CEO of Only Connect Consulting, a Washington Post bestselling author and global speaker with books in 45 language translations. Her clients include Deloitte, Smithsonian, Delta Airlines, the FDA, Johns Hopkins, and the National Institutes of Health. She has been featured by the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, US News & World Report, Forbes, Self, Redbook, Fast Company, and many others. She is the author of Networking for People Who Hate Networking, Managing for People Who Hate Managing and Singletasking.
• Website: MyOnlyConnect.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Book: The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
• Mythology: Odysseus
• Personality: Douglas Merrill on Multitasking
• Personality: Elinor Glyn
• Personality: Philo of Alexandria
• Personality: Steven Pressfield
• Term: Cluster tasking
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Hydrant. Hydrate all the more effectively, efficiently, and deliciously! Listeners save 25% at drinkhydrant.com/awesome.
• Magic Spoon. Enjoy free shipping on delicious, healthy, high-protein cereal that reminds you of childhood. Free shipping on the variety pack at magicspoon.com/HTBA.