Manage episode 273384272 series 2391186
Dr. Tania Israel discusses the fundamental skills that help us have more empathic conversations.
— YOU’LL LEARN —
1) One skill to make difficult conversations more manageable
2) How to stop seeing disagreement as a threat
3) The two fears that keep us from actively listening
Subscribe or visit AwesomeAtYourJob.com/ep610 for clickable versions of the links below.
— ABOUT TANIA —
Tania Israel is a Professor of Counseling Psychology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Raised in Charlottesville, Virginia and educated at the University of Pennsylvania and Arizona State University, Dr. Israel is known for her work on dialogue across political lines, social justice, and LGBT psychology.
• Tania’s website: TaniaIsrael.com
— RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW —
• Study: “Hidden Tribes”
• Technique: The Pomodoro Technique
• Tool: Temi
• Book: The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion by Jonathan Haidt
• Book: Know My Name: A Memoir by Chanel Miller
• Cartoon: Peadoodles
— THANK YOU SPONSORS! —
• Rise.com. Build your team’s learning library–the fast and fun way–with Rise.com/awesome