Manage episode 248839947 series 1320483
For links to every news story, all of the details we shared about Altirhinus, links from Mel Murray, and our fun fact check out https://iknowdino.com/Altirhinus-Episode-265/
To get access to lots of patron only content check out https://www.patreon.com/iknowdino
Dinosaur of the day Altirhinus, an Iguanodontian with both a beak and teeth for chewing.
Interview with Mel Murray, Science Communicator and Digital Content Producer at the Australian Museum in Sydney. She made the corresponding app for the Tyrannosaurs: Meet the Family exhibition. And she's working to digitize fossils for public use. Follow the museum on Facebook, Twitter, and check out the video of our visit.
In dinosaur news this week:
- A new Middle Jurassic ornithischian, Sanxiasaurus, was found near the Three Gorges Dam in China
- Two new pieces of 100 million-year-old amber were found with lice feeding on dinosaur feathers
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History’s Great Hall will be closing on Dec 31 for its renovations
- Mary Anning may finally get her statue in Lyme Regis after another 15,000 pounds were donated to the town
- A team from UC Berkeley created a digital T. rex that is able to kick a soccer ball
- Monroeville Convention Center in Pennsylvania will have a Dinosaur Adventure exhibit
- Colin Trevorrow recently posted a video on Twitter of a dinosaur robot from Jurassic World 3
Our comfy dinosaur clothes are available in three awesome designs! There is a Gorgosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and an Allosaurus. Get them on Hoodies, tanktops, and lots of other items by going to bit.ly/iknowdinostore