Manage episode 254025059 series 1587894
This week I interview the creator of the marvellous Vocab Victor app, Dr Heidi Brumbaugh.
Dr Heidi realised that my 28-Days of IELTS Word List would be a perfect match for her app, so now you can practise the essential words that you need to learn for IELTS in a fun and motivating way.
In the interview, we talked about:
- the problems students have when they try to learn intermediate vocabulary (and how Vocab Victor solves this problem)
- how vocabulary is more important than grammar when you're trying to increase your band score
- the best ways to learn vocabulary and retain new words
- the benefits of learning from carefully-chosen word lists
- the importance of reviewing words in different contexts (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking which are included in every day of my 28-Day IELTS Vocabulary Booster Course and Challenge).
On top of that, this episode is GREAT listening practice! (Nice to have an American accent for a change!).
Find out more about Vocab Victor and how it works with my IELTS word lists on Dr Heidi's page:
Get the Vocab Victor app in the app store:
Get more information about my 28-Day Intensive Vocabulary Course here:
--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/ieltsetc/message