Manage episode 262776857 series 2682496
Oh, yes, we are going there! A listener left a voicemail about masturbating so frequently that it began to disrupt her academics, her social life, and her relationships. In this episode, Nzinga dives into the stigma and shame around masturbation, what drives sexual compulsions, and how to best support those who find themselves in a similar situation.
Please note, In Recovery contains mature themes and may not be appropriate for all listeners. This episode also contains details of sexual assault and rape.
Want to follow Dr. Harrrison? Of course you do! Find her on Twitter, IG, and FB @naharrisonmd
Did you know that this show is supported by listeners like you? You can become a member, get exclusive bonus content, and discounted merch at www.lemonadamedia.com/patreon.
Check out a couple of our favorite podcasts below PLUS a discount for some very nice skincare products:
- Into America from NBC is a great podcast about politics, policies, and their power over people. Listen here: https://apple.co/2XkCTDY
- Back from Broken is another podcast about recovery--the highest highs, the lowest lows, and what it takes to make a comeback. Check it out here: https://apple.co/2ANmO21
Nzinga mentioned trauma therapy in the episode. Here are some to check out:
- Somatic Experiencing from Peter Levine
- Sensory Motor from Pat Ogden
- Compassion Inquiry from Dr. Gabor Maté
- EMDR Therapy
To follow along with a transcript and/or take notes for friends and family, go to www.lemonadamedia.com/show/in-recovery shortly after the air date.
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.