Manage episode 264654692 series 2643582
Andy and Pete Buttigieg talk about allyship, protest, and this week’s historic supreme court decision on LGBTQ rights. They also get into what it’s like to go straight from a presidential campaign into social isolation. (Spoiler: It’s weird!) Then, Andy calls Dr. Nzinga Harrison to chat about health equity, the relationship between racism and addiction, and how to do addiction treatment in America better.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
Find Pete on Twitter and Instagram @PeteButtigieg.
Find Nzinga @naharrisonmd on Twitter. And learn about all things addiction on Nzinga’s new podcast In Recovery with Dr. Nzinga Harrison. Listen wherever you get your podcasts: http://www.lemonadamedia.com/show/in-recovery/
In the Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you. Become a member, get exclusive bonus content, ask Andy questions, and get discounted merch at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/inthebubble/
Keep an eye out for the unedited version of today’s conversation with Nzinga’s coming to Patreon soon!
Support the show by visiting our fantastic show sponsors!
- Teladoc provides access to certified doctors from the comfort and safety of home. Register now at www.teladoc.com/
- Visit expressvpn.com/bubble to get three months free online protection from ExpressVPN.
- Check out Laurel Springs at https://laurelsprings.com/bubble/ to learn more about their approach to online K-12 education and get the $300 registration fee waived if you decide to enroll!
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Read up on the Supreme Court decision protecting gay and transgender workers: https://nyti.ms/3hyo89W
- Find out more about the candidates Pete Buttigieg is supporting at wintheera.com
- Preorder a copy of Chasten Buttigieg’s new book: I Have Something to Tell You https://bit.ly/3e9mPMp
- Read Robin DiAngelo’s book White Fragility: https://robindiangelo.com/publications/
- Visit Eleanor Health at https://www.eleanorhealth.com/ and find free online support groups for all types of people affected by addiction here: https://www.eleanorhealth.com/blog/eleanor-health-free-online-support-groups
To follow along with a transcript and/or take notes for friends and family, go to www.lemonadamedia.com/show/in-the-bubble shortly after the air date.
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.