Manage episode 262241394 series 2643582
As he detailed in his breakout hit movie The Big Sick, Kumail Nanjiani’s wife Emily is immuno-compromised, and, with COVID-19, that changes everything. The comedian and actor opens up about the feeling of losing control in this crisis, but he and Andy can’t help but laugh their way through even a serious conversation about fear, love, and painful messages from society. Kumail also reveals some incredibly impractical things you can do in isolation.
- In the Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you. You can become a member, get exclusive bonus content, ask Andy questions, and get discounted merch at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/inthebubble/
- Check out Teledoc, our show sponsor this week, at https://www.teladoc.com/.
- Check out In Recovery with Dr. Nzinga Harrison, a new advice show from Lemonada Media about all things addiction. Premiers May 18 wherever you get your podcasts: http://www.lemonadamedia.com/show/in-recovery/
- Catch Kumail and Emily on their podcast Staying In with Emily & Kumail here: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/staying-in-with-emily-kumail/id1503412182
- Can't get enough of Kumail? Watch his brand new movie, The Lovebirds, on Netflix now: https://www.netflix.com/thelovebirds
- Watch The Big Sick here: https://www.amazon.com/Big-Sick-Kumail-Nanjiani/dp/B07193L7RD