Manage episode 265241513 series 2643582
Andy calls Governor Gretchen Whitmer to talk about what she’s learned from the pandemic in Michigan and what governors across the nation need to do next. They also talk about the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on the Black community. Then, Andy has the first of many conversations to come on how to vote during the pandemic by talking with Ben Wikler, chair of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin.
Keep up with Andy on Twitter @ASlavitt and Instagram @andyslavitt.
Follow Governor Whitmer @GovWhitmer on Twitter and @gewhitmer on Instagram.
In the Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you. Become a member, get exclusive bonus content, ask Andy questions, and get discounted merch at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/inthebubble/
Support the show by visiting our fantastic show sponsors!
- Teladoc provides access to certified doctors from the comfort and safety of home. Register now at www.teladoc.com/
- Helix Sleep has mattresses to suit every type of sleeper. Take their online quiz and order your mattress today at www.helixsleep.com/bubble. Using this url, you’ll get up to $200 off and two free pillows!
- Raycon wireless earbuds are stylish, comfortable, and sound amazing! Get 15% off your order today at www.buyraycon.com/bubble using the code BUBBLE15.
- Ashford University has online Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs across 60 different programs. Financial aid is available, there’s no fee to apply and no standardized testing required. Learn more at: www.ashford.edu/bubble.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Find out everything you need to know about voting, including how to vote by mail in your state at www.vote.org or www.rockthevote.org
- Read Stacey Abrams’ new book, Our Time is Now: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250257703.
- Looking for the stats on voter fraud and voting by mail? Check out the Brennan Center for Justice and their project debunking voter fraud myths: www.brennancenter.org/issues/ensure-every-american-can-vote/vote-suppression/myth-voter-fraud
- And read about the results from Trump’s commission on voter fraud here: https://apnews.com/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d/Report:-Trump-commission-did-not-find-widespread-voter-fraud
- Dig into some analysis of the data around voting by mail and if it benefits one political party (Spoiler: it doesn’t seem to). https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/there-is-no-evidence-that-voting-by-mail-gives-one-party-an-advantage/
- Read US of Care’s “COVID-19 and Beyond: Recover, Reopen and Rebuild by Investing in Community Health” to learn about ways to improve community health grounded in anti-racist principles. https://unitedstatesofcare.org/covid-19/recover-reopen-and-rebuild-by-investing-in-community-health/
To follow along with a transcript and/or take notes for friends and family, go to www.lemonadamedia.com/show/in-the-bubble shortly after the air date.
Stay up to date with us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram at @LemonadaMedia.