Manage episode 261710107 series 2643582
Today, 18-year-old Zach and his dad talk about how to get broader points of view on the podcast. To that end, they reach out to former congressman and presidential candidate, Beto O’Rourke, to hear how Texas’s approach to COVID-19 is going. Andy and Beto chat about how people’s own experiences dictate their views on the crisis. Then Peter Morley, an advocate for people with chronic illnesses, shares his lens on the crisis. And we hear from fan-favorite, Andy’s mom/Zach’s Nana, who has a special Mother’s Day message.
In the Bubble is supported in part by listeners like you. You can become a member, get exclusive bonus content, and discounted merch at https://www.lemonadamedia.com/inthebubble/
Check out our sponsors for this week’s episode:
- Learn more about Teledoc at https://www.teladoc.com/.
- Visit Laurel Springs at https://laurelsprings.com/bubble/ and get the $300 registration fee waived if you decide to enroll!
- Host Trymaine Lee and a team of NBC News journalists try to make sense of this extraordinary moment on his podcast Into America. Listen here: https://www.nbcnews.com/intoamerica
Want to do more?
- Support the work of World Central Kitchen at www.wck.org/donate
- Support local food bank El Pasoans Fighting Hunger at https://elpasoansfightinghunger.org/
- Find Peter Morely and support his advocacy work at https://morethanmysle.com/ and follow him on Twitter @morethanmySLE
- Join Beto O’Rourke in supporting Texas food banks at https://poweredxpeople.org/ and follow him on Twitter @BetoORourke
- For Mother’s Day, follow Andy’s mom on Twitter @ASlavittsMom