Manage episode 244897599 series 98928
If you’ve ever wanted more time in your day, then do we have the Make Time show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with John Zeratsky, the best-selling co-author of Sprint, along with Jake Knapp, and the co-author of a new favorite book on time, Make Time.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to bulldoze your calendar, and focus on what matters, every day.
Key Points Discussed:
- How did John start working with Google and YouTube?
- How did he begin his own time experiments?
- What are infinity pools and how do they suck away your time?
- What’s the busy bandwagon and how does it affect our time?
- What does it mean most of our time is spent in “default”?
- What’s the difference between being productive and doing the most important work?
- How do we handle our email on our smart phones?
- What’s a distraction free iPhone?
- What is a design sprint and how does it help us get things done?
- What’s a high priority goal?
- What’s it mean to start one’s day with a high priority goal?
- What are the four steps to find and make more time in your day?
- What’s it mean to highlight?
- What does it mean to laser, and how does it help us beat distraction?
- How do we use the body to recharge the brain?
- What’s it mean to reflect to adjust and improve our system?
- How is perfectionism a distraction?
- How do we choose what to focus on first?
- What’s the danger with to-do lists?
- Can becoming a morning-person change your life?
- How can timers transform our day?
- What’s a time timer (timetimer.com)?
For free meditations, weekly tips, stories, and similar shows visit: www.InspireNationShow.com
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.instagram.com/inspirenationlive