Manage episode 306593055 series 2415001
Start to live a better life in a matter of MINUTES! In this episode, Amrit and Dr. Dawson Church dive deep into Dawson’s latest book Bliss Brain. They have an amazing conversation about how much control you have over the process of rewiring your brain to achieve deep happiness.
Listen as they talk about the birth of his book, the importance of cultivating happiness and how to do it, the minimum dose of meditation needed to see a change in your mind and how to interact with your physiology to better approach the day.
They converse about compassion as a key evolutionary tool, what is an enlightenment circuit and the positive emotions that light it up, and the purpose of cultivating meditation in depth.
Furthermore, Dawson shares how to thrive in spite of trauma, the importance of having a practitioner and how we get in the way with the natural healing of our body.
“I want people to feel addicted to meditation, addicted to feeling good”
Dawson Church, PhD, is a research scientist and an award-winning author of three best-selling books, including his latest, Bliss Brain: The Neuroscience of Remodeling Your Brain for Resilience, Creativity, and Joy. Get a copy
He is the director of EFT Universe, an alternative health site on the web, and founded The National Institute of Integrative Healthcare.
Church has done a lot of research on PTSD and been involved in many clinical trials.
While writing Bliss Brain, he went through devastating situations. He escaped five minutes ahead of a bushfire that left him without a home and business, and claimed several lives. The fire triggered a financial disaster, but luckily he practiced the latest neuroscience techniques from his book while teaching them to thousands of other people. Emotional Freedom Tapping, Eco Meditation, social support and laughter got him into an elevated emotional state, even in the midst of tragedy, to rebuild his life
Science based techniques, no more than thirty minutes a day in only eight weeks of practice, can produce incredible changes in the structure of your brain. These changes make you happier and build up your resilience.
Being consistent and cultivating these positive states, over time they will become traits. These changes are hard-wired into your brain, and become stable and durable personality traits. He refers to “Neurons that fire together, wire together.” by Donald Hebb; pathways in the brain formed and reinforced through repetition.
- Welcome Dr. Dawson Church to Inspired Evolution!: (00:00:00)
- Where Bliss Brain came from: (01:24)
- Cultivate happiness for a Bliss Brain and how to do so: (04:07)
- Minimum dose of meditation to see a change in the mind: (09:24)
- Thoughts on mindfulness: (11:53)
- Interacting with our physiology to approach better the day: (14:57)
- Compassion as a key evolutionary tool: (16:59)
- Positive emotions that light up the enlightenment circuit: (19:51)
- The function of cultivating meditation in depth: (22:13)
- About post traumatic instances: (28:20)
- The importance of having a practitioner: (33:18)
- In the way of our own body’s natural healing: (36:35)
- Predisposition for resilience: (39:24)
- Intention and hope behind Bliss Brain:(43:55)
For all links go to: inspiredevolution.com/how-to-achieve-bliss-brain
Support this show http://supporter.acast.com/inspiredevolution.
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.