Manage episode 265871974 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- Did you know that in the time it takes you to listen to this entire episode, your kidneys have filtered one of your patient’s blood 13.5 times!!!! Listen to us this week as we talk the nitty gritty of kidney function all the way through to the urethra. Urine for basics of the urinary system ;)
Question of the Week
- What is your favorite “body system” and why?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode38
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Internal Medicine For Pet Parents:
- How do your kidneys work? - Emma Bryce
- Bassert, T. C. (2002). Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.
- Linda Merrill, L. V. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Get Access to the waitlist for the Internal Medicine for Vet Techs Membership
- Sign up at https://imfvt.com
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan