Manage episode 266431071 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- The difference between acute renal failure and chronic renal disease. We discuss those changes in BUN and creatinine, and of course we don’t forget to discuss urine specific gravity.
Question of the Week
- What is a memorable ARF case you managed or helped manage? Did you determine the cause of damage, and how did the patient do?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode39
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Iris Guidlines:
- Cornell College of Veterinary Medicine
- Cardiac Education Group; Dr. Brian A. Scansen, DVM, Diplomate ACVIM
- Linda Merrill, L. V. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan