Manage episode 268878451 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- Urinary incontinence! When and why bladders leak, things we need to ask clients,and potential treatments for the two major causes. We are getting down and dirty with ectopic ureters and urinary sphincter mechanism incompetence.
Question of the Week
- What was your first ectopic ureter case ever seen?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode43
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- DVM360; Urinary Incontinence Proceedings
- Washington State University
- Merck Veterinary Manual
- Michigan State University; Laser Ablation of Ectopic Ureters
- Linda Merrill, L. V. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Bassert, T. C. (2002). Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Get Access to the Membership Site
- Sign up for the waitlist at www.imfvt.com
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan