Manage episode 269848653 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- The gallbladder! You know, that green thing sitting in between two of the lobes of the liver? This week we discuss when the gallbladder sludge becomes too much for the gallbladder to handle, as well as when the wall of the gallbladder becomes thick and grumpy (preach sister). Join us while we knock out some GB knowledge!
Question of the Week
- Knowing what we have learned from this episode, if your personal pet developed a gallbladder mucocele, how would you handle it? Would you start medications since you would be able to closely monitor and recognize the symptoms, or would you just move straight to surgery?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode45
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- American College of Veterinary Surgeons: Gallbladder Mucocele
- Eclin Path: Cholestasis
- Merck Veterinary Manual: Hepatic Diseases
- Linda Merrill, L. V. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Get Access to the Membership Site Waitlist
- Sign up at www.imfvt.com
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan