Manage episode 270340884 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- Long term disease of the liver. There can be many causes of inflammation for the liver and we discuss those. We dive deep into possible causes for the inflammation, valuable diagnostic tests that are recommended for these patients, and client communication that is involved in these patients.
Question of the Week
- Have you assisted with obtaining liver biopsy samples? If so, how did it go? Did you have to manage coagulopathies or bleeding before or after the procedure? What did you learn from assisting with a procedure like this?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode46
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- VIN: Chronic Hepatitis, Michael Willard, DVM, DACVIM.
- eClinpath: Bile Acids
- Merck Veterinary Manual: Canine Chronic Hepatitis, Sharon A. Center , BS, DVM, DACVIM.
- Linda Merrill, L. V. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Bassert, T. C. (2002). Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Get Access to the Membership Site
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan