Manage episode 270888060 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- Acute hepatitis; its causes and symptoms. We discuss why this issue is an emergency, what our patients may be experiencing, and how to talk to clients to play detective to find a potential underlying cause.
Question of the Week
- What is a memorable acute hepatitis case you have seen, and how did the case pan out?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode47
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- VIN: Hepatitis in Dogs: New Concepts in Pathogenesis and Treatment. Jan Rothuizen, DVM, PhD, DECVIM-CA.
- DVM360: Inflammatory Liver Disease in Dogs. Jana Gordon, DVM, DACVIM.
- Merck Veterinary Manual: Infectious Canine Hepatitis. Kate E. Creevy , DVM, MS, DACVIM.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Prevalence of leptospira in acute hepatitis syndrome.
- National Center for Biotechnology Information: Clinical Toxoplasmosis in Dogs and Cats
- Science Direct: CAV1 and Blue Eye. Jane E. Sykes.
- Linda Merrill, L. V. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Get Access to the Membership Site and earn RACE approved CE
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan