Manage episode 275427737 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- The other diabetes! We are discussing the pituitary gland, and when the antidiuretic hormone (ADH) is not able to function how it is supposed to, what is happening inside the body, and how it affects our patients.
Question of the Week
- Have you ever seen a DI case, was it a dog or cat, what breed?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode55
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Linda Merrill, L. V. (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Bassert, T. C. (2002). Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.
- Merck Veterinary Manual:
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Want to earn some RACE approved CE credits for listening to the podcast? You can earn between 0.5-1.0 hour of RACE approved CE credit for each podcast episode you listen to.
Join the Internal Medicine For Vet Techs Membership to earn and keep track of your continuing education hours as you get your learn on!
Get Access to the Membership Site for your RACE approved CE certificates
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan