Manage episode 277007029 series 2586548
Title of episode: 057 Canine Hypothyroidism: Alopecia, Weight Gain, and Lethargy
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- Weight gain, lethargy, poor hair coat; oh my!!! What happens to the body when the thyroid doesn’t feel like getting off the couch to open the door? Oh yes, you will understand very soon. We are talking hypothyroidism from the inside out.
Question of the Week
- Have you ever seen a hypothyroid FELINE? If so, what were the symptoms, how did you treat, what was the outcome?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode57
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Linda Merrill, (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Colville, T., Bassert, J. (2016). Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Want to earn some RACE approved CE credits for listening to the podcast? You can earn between 0.5-1.0 hour of RACE approved CE credit for each podcast episode you listen to.
Join the Internal Medicine For Vet Techs Membership to earn and keep track of your continuing education hours as you get your learn on!
Get Access to the Membership Site for your RACE approved CE certificates
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan