Manage episode 277818116 series 2586548
Join Yvonne Brandenburg, RVT, VTS SAIM and Jordan Porter RVT, LVT, VTS SAIM as we talk about:
- Elevated calcium levels within our patient’s bodies. How does this happen? What does calcium do in the body? What regulates blood calcium levels? We discuss it all!
Question of the Week
- Have you seen more primary or secondary hyperparathyroidism cases?
- Leave a comment at https://imfpp.org/episode58
Resources We Mentioned in the Show
- Linda Merrill, (2012). Small Animal Internal Medicine for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses. Ames: Wiley-Blackwell.
- Colville, T., Bassert, J. (2016). Clinical Anatomy and Physiology for Veterinary Technicians. St. Louis: Mosby, Inc.
- DVM360: Parathyroid disease in Dogs and Cats:
- Kidney.org: Secondary Hyperparathyroidism
- Merck Veterinary Manual: Endocrine system, parathyroid gland.
- Michigan State University Endocrinology Form:
- VIN: Hypercalcemia in canines:
- AHA Journals: Handling Calcium Levels:
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
Want to earn some RACE approved CE credits for listening to the podcast? You can earn between 0.5-1.0 hour of RACE approved CE credit for each podcast episode you listen to.
Join the Internal Medicine For Vet Techs Membership to earn and keep track of your continuing education hours as you get your learn on!
Get Access to the Membership Site for your RACE approved CE certificates
Get Access to the Technician Treasure Trove
- Sign up at https://imfpp.org/treasuretrove
Thanks for listening!
– Yvonne and Jordan