Manage episode 272308606 series 1019973
Shaun Greer serves as VP of Sales and Marketing for Vacasa and is responsible for short-term-rental portfolio growth and real estate sales/compliance. He brings extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and public and private partnerships to his role.
Shaun has been with Vacasa since 2015 and has held several positions including Senior Director of Real Estate, Director of Corporate Development and Mergers and Acquisitions Manager. When not cultivating relationships within the vacation rental industry or building the Vacasa Real Estate network, he is enjoying time with his family and outdoor activities.
Listen to ILAB 154 on iTunes here or subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Where we are:
- Special ILAB Listener Offer for Equity Estates through October 1st, 2020
- Save up to $30,000 and delay your dues until you're ready to travel when you sign up Here
Like these investments? Try them with these special ILAB links:
- ArtofFX – Start with just a $10,000 account (reduced from $25,000)
- Fundrise – Start with only $1,000 into their REIT funds (non-accredited investors OK)
- Betterment – Get up to 1 year managed free
- Wealthfront – Get your first $15,000 managed free
- PeerStreet – Get a 1% yield bump on your first loan
*Johnny and Sam use all of the above services personally.
- 13:44 – How did Vacasa get started?
- 16:18 – Do you manage the entire building or just the units?
- 19:00 – Do you handle all the taxes on behalf of the homeowner?
- 20:10 – What has been the demand change due to the effect of Covid?
- 23:22 – What has been the favourite type of destination?
- 26:35 – Where do you have the most listings?
- 27:46 – How often do owners use the property?
- 29:15 – What are the revenues for the various seasons?
- 32:19 – Do owners do monthly or daily rate rentals?
- 36:31 – What to expect, investment wise, on the different types of rentals?
- 42:36 – Are you investigating the ski seasons long term with climate change?
- 44:04 – What are the top ski markets?
- 46:30 – Sam and Johnny Recap
If you enjoyed this episode, do us a favor and share it! Also if you haven’t already, please take a minute to leave us a 5-star review on iTunes and claim your bonus here!
Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. Read our disclaimer here.