Manage episode 247992137 series 1355683
Today, I'm talking to Mark Haldeman of Christie's in Aspen, Colorado. In business for 26 years, Mark consistently ranks in the top 5% of all brokers for sales and Aspen area. Recently in his career, on two separate occasions, he has represented the sellers of the highest-priced single-family home sale in Aspen. The second of those was the closing of the Aspen summit house for 29.5 million in 2015. The first of those was in 2011, he brokered both sides, the listing and selling side of a 20.75 million Aspen estate. Today we talk about how to establish the best clients and determine the best brokerage.
- How Mark Got into the Business (02:42)
- Highest Price Single Family Home Sale in the State of Colorado (03:48)
- How did He Break into the Industry (05:58)
- The Story of His First Deal (08:07)
- Mark's Advice on Marketing (09:18)
- How does He Negotiate When Things Get Heated (14:48)
- Recruiting a Broker: Important or not (18:46)
- The Direction of the Business of Mark's Broker (23:39)
- Best Advice to Make Decision (30:57)
- Brokers: First Thing You Should Think About (33:42)
- The Last Three (36:17)
Resources / People Mentioned:
"I think the basic principles in real estate stay true to your beliefs, stay true to yourself."
- The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy
by Jon Gordon, Kenneth H. Blanchard
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
by Chris Voss
Jere interviews the world’s most renowned and best real estate agents around the country and the world.
These outstanding Agents tell their stories, how they got into the business and what has made them successful in one of the oldest and most competitive industries.
All of this on the “Jere Metcalf Podcast, Top Real Estate Agents tell how they do it.”
Jere Metcalf Partners