#4 - Rabbi Chaya Rowen Baker, leader of Jerusalem’s Masorti Kehillat Ramot Zion on religious tensions & pluralism in Israel
Manage episode 267927633 series 2739033
In this episode of Jewanced, Dan and Benny speak with Rabbi Chaya Rowen Baker of Kehillat Ramot Zion, a Masorti (Conservative) congregation in Jerusalem's diverse French Hill neighborhood. Together, they discuss an interesting array of topics ranging from the unique identity and state of Conservative Judaism in Israel, the nuanced relations between Orthodox and pluralistic streams in the Jewish State, some of the challenges facing female rabbis, reflections on the upcoming Tisha B'Av observance, as well as how Rabbi Baker's congregation is gearing up for the High Holidays during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Congregation Ramot Zion's webpage & Facebook page
- The Masorti Foundation for Conservative Judaism in Israel's webpage
- YouTube clip produced by 'Kan' (Israel's public broadcaster) featuring Rabbi Baker about Jerusalem's diverse French Hill neighborhood
- YouTube clip of Ramot Zion's 'drive-by' style blessing of recent school grads.
- Talmudic fable cited by Rabbi Baker during the podcast
- Photos of Congregation Ramot Zion