Manage episode 305410758 series 2845007
Joy Currey joins the show today to talk with Rob and Jes about nonprofit iteration, the importance of a good team, and the strength of triangles. Joy grew up on a farm, taught in schools in Philadelphia and Brooklyn, and in 2008 founded CORRAL, a faith-motivated nonprofit that prepares adolescent girls in high-risk situations with skills, resources, and opportunities so they can gain access to bright futures.
- 0:00 Episode starts
- 2:06 Rob's check in
- 7:10 Jes's check in
- 9:40 Joy joins the call
- 10:03 Jes reads Joy's bio
- 14:00 What's your story?
- 25:02 What did you change about CORRAL during the pandemic?
- 33:19 Interlude
- 37:33 How do you have conversations within your organization about structural racism?
- 49:29 How do you have those conversations with your board or with sponsors?
- 54:02 How do you prioritize rest?
- 58:47 How can listeners show up?
- 62:17 Rob and Jes say goodbye to Joy
- 62:23 Debriefs
- 62:36 Jes's takeaways
- 65:05 Rob's takeaways
- 68:15 Goodbyes
- 68:24 Outro
Thank you to DJ Pdogg and Producer Lo Key for our awesome music throughout the show!
Follow DJ Pdogg online:
Follow Producer Lo Key
- Jes Averhart, cofounder of Black Wallstreet Homecoming
- Rob Shields, executive director of the Recity Network.
- Ben Azevedo, owner of Bear Cave Audio
- Chris Pappalardo