Manage episode 273785582 series 2632262
#35: In today’s episode, we are chatting with our fertility doctor, Eric Forman. Dr. Forman is the medical laboratory director at Columbia University Fertility Center and he oversees the IVF laboratory there. He helped us get pregnant with both Ezra and his baby brother and we love love everyone at the Columbia University Fertility Center. Dr. Forman fills us in on everything we need to know about fertility treatment and the dozens of techniques they have to help couples conceive.
A bit on what we touch on:
- When it is “the time” to go and see a fertility specialist?
- What are the most common reasons for infertility?
- What to expect when you go to a fertility doctor
- What tests are done to check on female and male fertility?
- What the difference between IUI and IVF is?
- If birth control actually impacts your fertility overtime
- When to see a doctor if your period doesn’t return post birth control
- If your diet and lifestyle will impact fertility
- Premature Ovarian Insufficiency and how to handle
- PCOS and what this means for fertility
- If you can conceive naturally for another child after doing IVF or IUI
- Male infertility and how that is handled
- Who makes a good candidate for egg freezing?
Thank you Garden of Life for sponsoring this episode and moderating the panel. I am so grateful to partner with such a supportive and amazing brand. Garden of Life makes all organic and non-GMO vitamins, supplements, protein powders, CBD and more. You may recognize their coconut oils and flaxseeds from my blog recipes and book recipes. But I also use their vitamins and probiotics daily. I link to all of my favorites over on my shop page, which is the best place to order from to support this podcast.