Manage episode 262903078 series 2394482
As a leader, you pride yourself on being proactive and in control. But one area feels like a perpetual Dumpster fire—email! It’s all communications, really. Slack messages, texts, voicemail, it’s a constant burn. When will it end?
It’ll end when you stop reacting to messages and start taking control of your inbox. You need a personal communication strategy, and we’ll show you how to make one.
Follow these simple steps, and you’ll go from inbox overwhelm to inbox zero every single day. You’ll stop being the bottleneck on communications, and you’ll gain a ton of mental bandwidth to spend on your high-leverage tasks.
In this episode you’ll discover—
- Why you shouldn’t just react to all of the messages that come your way—and what to do instead.
- Questions to ask yourself to determine who should have direct access to you and who should not.
- Tips on how to automate requests and remain thoughtful and kind.
- The immense value of asynchronous communication—and how you can do it well.
- Advice on setting clear expectations with your team on when and how people should reach out to you.
This episode of Lead to Win is brought to you by Michael Hyatt's new book, No-Fail Communication. Discover how to end workplace confusion and achieve better results with your communication. Learn more at leadto.win/communication.